Last updated: May 8, 2017
Our Commitment to Privacy
Consent to Use Data
Information We Collect
For the effective operation of our Services, we may collect two categories of information: anonymous and personally identifiable. Anonymous information is not connected to a specific individual, and we may collect anonymous information that includes data about your hardware, software, network data, pages visited, and time spent on a page. In addition, we may collect anonymous information that is automatically submitted by your browser. Personally identifiable information specifically identifies a user and may include name, address, phone number, email address, or anything else reasonably required to effectively operate our Services. The primary types of personally identifiable information we collect are as follows:
- User-Provided Information: We collect the information you provide about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, date of birth, location, or other profile information as well as social media profile information (from Facebook, Twitter or other sites).
- Activity Information: We may collect and store information related to you and your use of the Services such as your browser type, IP address, unique device identifier, phone numbers and names of businesses you contact through the Services, requested URL, referring URL, browser language, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit.
- User Content: Because it is one of the services we provide, we also collect and maintain the User Content that you voluntarily submit to us. You should not submit proprietary or confidential information.
- Geo-location Information: When you use the Services, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years old. If we become aware that a child under 13 years old has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use your anonymous information to bring you the best possible Services, including using this information to improve our Services. We also may use your personally identifiable information to provide and improve upon our Services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- Improve our Services, and test new products and features
- Respond to your inquiries
- Send you electronic messages or updates
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns and generate statistics based on these metrics
- Diagnose or fix technical problems
- Generate user history and data on your participation in activities through our Services
- Categorize the content you submit for purposes of data analytics or natural language processing
- Provide User Content to relevant governmental agencies as necessary to effectuate the sale and transfer of real property offered for auction as part of our Services.
- Provide you with relevant advertisements
By using our Services, you understand and agree that we may use your information for the purposes described above.
We may share your personally identifiable information, including your User Content, with third parties for the purpose of providing our Services to you and improving our Services, such as third parties that provide data analytics, or other trusted services providers who work on our behalf and do not have independent use of the information we disclose to them. If we do this, such third parties’ use of your information is bound by confidentiality obligations. We may share User Content to relevant governmental agencies as necessary to effectuate the sale and transfer of real property offered for auction as part of our Services. User Content such as deed information that is provided to governmental third parties may become matter of public record. We may also share anonymous information with third parties if it is not traceable to you (e.g., in an aggregated format). We do not share your personally identifiable information with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use.
Opt Out Abilities
We aim to protect your information through firewall and password protection systems. Only authorized individuals have access to the personally identifiable information provided by our users. We do not, however, guarantee that unauthorized or inadvertent disclosure will never occur.
Our servers and data centers are located in the United States. If you choose to use the Services from outside the U.S., then you should know that you are transferring your personal information outside of your region and into the U.S. for storage and processing. By providing your personal information to us through your use of the Services, you agree to that transfer, storage, and processing in the U.S. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. You should know that each region can have its own privacy and data security laws, some of which may be less stringent as compared to those of your own region.